The Empire Group has been offering vintage clock repair in Toronto and beyond for more than 25 years. Our team of highly trained horologists are the most experienced in the GTA and have earned the admiration and patronage of clients near and far. If your vintage clock is in need of repair or maintenance you’ll find no one more qualified to care for it than the Empire Group.
Your Best Option for Vintage Clock Repair in Toronto
Clocks owners often come to us a bit confused because they’ve seen the words “antique” and “vintage” used interchangeably on practically every clock-related website on the Internet. What further compounds the confusion is that a vintage clock may or may not be antique, and an antique clock may or may not be vintage. So let’s try and explain the difference;
- Vintage: Any clock that features a design associated with a particular era from the past.
- Antique: Any clock more than 100 years old that has significant historic or aesthetic value.
Therefore, an Art Nouveau clock may be both vintage, (because it represents a particular design era) and antique (because the Art Nouveau era is generally regarded as having ended around 1910; i.e. more than 100 years ago). While an Art Deco clock from the early 1930s is vintage (because it represents a distinct design period), but not antique (because it’s not more than 100 years old). We hope this clears up any confusion.
Peerless Vintage Clock Repair Services
The Empire Group specialize in all manner of vintage clock repair from the cosmetic restoration of worn and dirty clocks to more involved procedures involving the repair and possible replacement of the intricate internal mechanisms of the clock. No job is too large, too small or too complex. We bring our decades of combined experience to bear on the repair and restoration of your prized vintage timepiece and return it to you in virtually new condition.
Movement repair, period parts replacement, wheel teeth replacement, plate polishing, mainspring replacement and complete technical revisions are just some of the vintage repair services we offer in our full service repair facility.
Common Vintage Clock Repairs
- Gear train repairs – In some cases a clock will have long ago stopped running or even been purchased in an inoperative state. Often times if the clock is inoperative but otherwise seems in fine condition it may simply be that it was dropped and the gear train became misaligned.
- Damaged pendulum – On occasion we’ll see a vintage clock that is not cooperating and has its owner mystified. Closer inspection reveals evidence the clock has been dropped and the pendulum bent. Repairing the pendulum then restores proper operation of the clock.
- Balance wheel repairs – Clients sometimes bring us clocks whose balance wheel has been dislodged from its proper position. This requires a relatively simply but exacting procedure involving the balance wheel spring.
The Empire Group offers the highest quality vintage clock repair in Toronto. Give us a call on 416-740-4445 to find out more.